Child Protective Services are available to help children achieve safety,
well-being, and permanency.
TCJFS recognizes that families play an important role in ensuring their children’s safety and well-being. Families who know they are in need of services to help keep their children safe should contact TCJFS for information on what help is available.
In addition, Placement staff can provide information and referral services for persons with questions about adoption, birth parent search, and supportive services for adoptive families.
If you suspect a child is being abused or neglected, call TCJFS at
330-339-7791. Select Option 4 from our phone system menu.
After business hours and on weekends, contact the Tuscarawas
County Sheriff at 330-339-2000.
Please be ready to supply the following information, if available, when making a report of suspected abuse or neglect:
- Your name and phone number (if a mandated reporter)
- The child’s family’s name and address
- The non-custodial parent’s name and address
- Name(s) of the child(ren) in the home
- Date(s) of birth of each child in the home
- School(s) and grade(s) of each child in the home
- School attendance, grades, and behaviors of the child(ren)
- Why you suspect abuse and/or neglect