Help – Where & How
Apply for Cash, Food, and Medcaid Benefits
Tuscarawas County United Way Resource Directory
- Dial 211 from any phone in Tuscarawas County.
- Dial 1-855-211-7039, if 211 will not work with your phone service provider.
- Click here to go to the United Way website.
Help with Food
- Job and Family Services Request for Cash, Food, and Medical Assistance Form – See Public Assistance Application above.
- TCJFS132 Food Pantries of Tuscarawas County
Help with Baby Formula and Diapers
Help with your Health
- The Tuscarawas Clinic – Health Clinic for the Working Uninsured
- Tuscarawas County Health Department
- The ADAMHS Board – Alcohol, Drug Addiction, and Mental Health Services
Help with Child Support
Help with Employment
Help with Transportation
Help with Phone Service
- Frontier Communications – Call: 1-800-683-9793
Includes the Dover, New Philadelphia, Bolivar, Strasburg, and Sugarcreek areas.
- AT&T – Call: 1-800-377-9450
Includes the Uhrichsville, Dennison, Gnadenhutten, Tuscarawas, and Newcomerstown areas.
- SafeLink Wireless – Free cell phone and monthly minutes for low-income individuals.
Click Here or Call: 1-800-Safelink
LOW INCOME OHIOANS ELIGIBLE FOR TELEPHONE LIFELINE
Eligible customers receive:
- Discount on monthly basic telephone service rate.
- A waiver of all charges for telephone service connection.
- Not required to pay deposit or up-front charges for establishing telephone service.
- Free toll blocking and 900 or 976 blocking.
- Household income at/below 135 or 150 percent of poverty (depending on telephone company), or participate in other state or federal low-income programs (Medicaid, Food Stamps, General Assistance, OWF, SSI, Section 8, HEAP, or National School Free Lunch Program).
- Customers should contact their local telephone service provider to apply for participation in the Lifeline program. More info about Lifeline available at www.PUCO.ohio.gov or www.pickocc.org; OR call PUCO at 1-800-686-7826 or the OCC at 1-877-742-5622.